Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Free Geodesic Dome Design Software

Even though I posted the file of the software in the introduction, I thought I'd post some more detail of it so it has a more deserving and recognizable presence. I'm trying to find a better software but as of yet, this is the only free software that works well enough for me. The only drawback is that it can take a while to calculate, and sometimes it can freeze up. If anyone knows a better software let me know about it!

The main website of this software is this btw: http://www.popdome.com/Pages/default.aspx


Finally, I decided to do a test run on a class I icosahedron with a frequency of 20. What's cool is that it even lists all the dimensions needed to construct the dome for real. Not only that but it has class II versions (I didn't know the difference between class I and class II until I tried them out and compared them).

***Update 2012: By the looks of it, the software is no longer free unfortunately :( not to worry, will have to try to find something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment